Looking for an Upledger Craniosacral Therapist in Columbus Ohio?
Well, you have come to the best place. I love Craniosacral Therapy. And I love to talk about it.
To begin with, education is key when you are looking for a manual therapist to support you. Why? Because your time is important, and so is how you spend your money. And my hope is that you find the best Upledger Craniosacral Therapist to take you on a journey of healing into wellbeing.
I took my first class from the Upledger Institute in 2002. Since then I have been drawn to learning everything I can in regards to Craniosacral Therapy. And I am so grateful that Dr. John Upledger moved from Michigan to Florida one day many years ago to open up the Upledger Institute. At that time, he decided to take his medical background and shared an innovate approach for hands on work that could be used by Massage Therapists, physicians, dentists, bodyworkers of all types of people, including lay people. The amount of therapists who attend classes at the school continues to grow, and expand around the globe. My opinion of why this so is the quality found in the integrity of the work, and the profound results that often occur. When a therapist is well trained through the Upledger Institute, and has much experience, they will tell you that they have seen incredible things happen. People who could once not find any helpful treatment heal. They grow and begin to look forward to life in a whole new way.
The techniques are also very gentle. Sometimes clients wonder at first if such a soft touch can do anything. Sometimes, with new clients, they don’t feel very much at the beginning. Because they are not tuned in to listening and feeling the subtle changes that occur. But the more time they give to receiving treatment, they always notice that they are feeling better. They may not be able to say that one stroke which may be found in a deep tissue massage was the shift, but they know that when they wake up everyday that their body feels better, and that their outlook is clearer and more upbeat. I can tell you why I think gentle work generates so much great change:
- The touch is light, so that the body does not fight against the touch.
- The Upledger Craniosacral Therapist is trained to listen to your Inner Wisdom, and allow that to run the session.
- Trust- while Craniosacral Therapy can support SomatoEmotional Work, an experienced Therapist will never tell you what to do, what to think or how to feel. We are trained to support your process to be organic and heard from a neutral place.
- For those of us who train up to the Diplomate Level, we are tested thoroughly on our knowledge and our practice. We have learned our anatomy, how to deepen our presence, and how to be available with techniques for our clients. Our tool box is at your disposal.
- There is something magical on so many levels between the gentle interchange between an Upledger Craniosacral Therapist and client. There are no words, just a loving and healing conversation that expands and heals.
I could go on an on. But if you are in the Columbus, Ohio area, and would like to find out more, please call me for a free 10 minute phone consultation. I would love to hear from you and see if we are a good match.
Sharon Hartnett CST-D, LMT, SI, BHSP, Hakomi Graduate, SPI Level 1